Friday, February 29, 2008
Court refuses to block AZ sanctions law
This article talks about Phoenix trying to pass a law that will “penalize employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants.” The federal court refused to temporary block this law. The 9th U.S circuit of appeals “ denies a request for an injuntion during an appeal.” People don’t want this law to pass. This law took effect on January 1 but many people have withheld filing any cases so the court needs to consider legal challenge. I don’t think that this law should pass because many people will end up with no jobs. The employers are just trying to help out their workers, but if this law passes then they wont get any help. The workers are going to get penalize for helping out illegal immigrants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree with you I also read an article that talked about immigration. I really don't get why this people are trying to pass this. I think anybody is free to hire anybody they wish. Why leave people without jobs. People need to work is not like they are commuting a crime. It's not fair that just because you done have a dam paper you are not worth anything.
Hey you did the same article as me. Well i believe that nobody should get punish for hiring immigrant, the immigrants need the job in oder to keep their families fed. Also these people who hire the immigrants are doing the right thing, letting them keep the jobs and so. If they only knew what keeps the businesses going are the immigrants working their, making the best wage they can, taking that away will definitly effect them.
Being punished for hiring immigrants is not a crime. I believe that no one is harming anyone by hiring an immigrant employer. People need to work because they are the ones that are helping our economy and without them it will be a huge deal. I really think that this law is unnecessary because there is no point to it. This is like if they are discriminating against immigrants.
Many employers are getting affected by this law because Americans are not willing to work the low wages jobs, yet the law insists on stopping immigrants from working. Immigrants have the right to work at any place, with health protection benefits, instead they're being held with no rights.
Post a Comment