Thursday, April 10, 2008
Bush sends Congress Colombia trade pact
I found an article in the yahoo news that talked about congress receiving a U.S.-Colombia free trade agreement from President Bush. They must vote “ within 90 legislative days.” Bush wants to continue the free trade agreement with Columbia. People oppose to this agreement because they think that they need to make new free trade deals. Many democrats think that they have not “ done enough to halt violence, protect labor activist and demobilize paramilitary organizations. The president disagreed, saying that Colombia has addressed the issues.” They insist that this deal will be good for the United States economically. This will take away some of the problems they have when they trade with other countries. Many think that this is a good idea because it will be beneficial to the economic problems of the United States. Clinton said that she would not sign any agreements with Colombia. Bush said that if we don’t have this agreement the Venezuela President Hugo Chavez would have a chance to “cast the United States as untrustworthy and impotent across South America.” Some will sign but after perpetrators are brought to justice. They should discuss on this issue before it is time to decide what they are going to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hello Yane=)... I read your article and is the same as Karla's which I think both of you found it interesting. I agree with both of you guys as I told Karla that Bush is not making a good decision on approving this trading with Colombia. Why? Because I believe is not right because there could be violence and terrorism when you do trading. I don't know thats what I think ,so Bush should leave this decision to the new president.
Hey yaneli i did the same article as you. I think that Bush's idea to make a trade agreement with Colombia is bad since i think that it will not be a good decision. I don't think that the U.S will send a bad message to Colombia and other countries. Bush thinks that the message that will be send i that countries are not going to be able to count on the U.S. Good article. =]
Hey Yaneli,
Your article was interesting because you specified that this country has trade with colombia. In a way I do agree that this country should make a deal with a different country to trade but in the other hand I don't because its better for us to trade with a country that already knows our deals. Also it wouldn't be that bad for this country to trade with many other different countries...don't you think?
Post a Comment