Friday, April 4, 2008
Public campaign money question closer to ballot
I found an article in the yahoo news that talked about public money. Public money is money that comes from taxpayers. This money is used when use by the government so they could give it to the candidates. They are deciding whether “public money should continue to be used in campaigns for governor and Cabinet officers.” If the don’t pass this constitutional amendment another bill will be passed. This bill will automatically limit public financing to “$5 million in races for governor and $2 million in Cabinet races.” Many people are against using taxpayer’s money for their campaigns. There was an amendment that was passed 10 years ago that repeals to this new one. They should be using the taxpayer’s money for something else instead of their campaigns. The money could help people that need the money, or they could build more schools. There is another identical bill “working its way through committees.” People against this say that if they do this the people are not going to give away money only the rich people will donate money for their own interest. The senators need the money so they ill take the money form the rich people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I also think the same way as you. I think that the money that comes from people's taxes should be used in something thats going to help others. I don't see why this money should be used for the campaigns. Say if that money is used in this delegates campaigns and they don't win! then all this money is been thrown to the trash. I personally think that this is a great article to research on.
I think that the money that is given to campaigns should be well distributed but also have a limit to the amount of money that is given to them. Not all the money should go to campaigns but also to necessary things for this country that are going to be beneficial to everyone. The bad thing about it is the "what if" the candidate doesn't win at all. That is going to be money wasted but also it could be money that was used for a purpose. I think that this is an issue that needs to be considered more since it is basically dealing with money.
Hey Yaneli,
Your article is interesting and it also proved a point because you know that a lot of the money comes fro taxes and I believe the same as you. That money should be used for schools and other necessities. The money that is collected is a huge amount that should be used for other things instead of campaigns.
Hey Yaneli,
Your article is interesting and it also proved a point because you know that a lot of the money comes fro taxes and I believe the same as you. That money should be used for schools and other necessities. The money that is collected is a huge amount that should be used for other things instead of campaigns.
Post a Comment